Learn in few easy steps how to book tatkal rail ticket and reservation through IRCTC e Wallets quickly within minutes.IRCTC e Wallets is the product by Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC). e Wallets provided by IRCTC is an additional payment solution for customer other than traditional banking online payment method like Internet Banking , Cards payment etc.
IRCTC eWallet is an online eWallet that allows users to pre deposit money in advance with IRCTC e wallets, which can be used while booking train tickets in the future. This is something like prepaid payment instrument or other e wallets companies like PayTm, Free charge, Mobikwik etc.
The best way of using IRCTC e wallets is quickest payment while booking tickets through IRCTC web or mobile apps. it is hassle-free and ensures secure transactions. This is extremely useful in booking the tatkal tickets as it saves one’s precious booking time by eliminating the payment approval cycle.
There are additional saving on Payment Gateway charges per ticket, and can manage the account online. There is no banking channels involved in payment so dependency on a specific bank is reduced, as when any of the provided banks go offline, you can still book tickets from your IRCTC eWallet account.
Features of IRCTC eWallet are:
- User Authentication: IRCTC eWallet users will be verified and authenticated through their PAN or Aadhaar in an online verification process.
- Secured Access: IRCTC e wallets transaction are secured as like any other normal banking online payment solution or wallets service providers. Provide secure booking through IRCTC eWallet by providing Transaction Password/ PIN Number that is required to be entered for every booking done through the IRCTC eWallet.
- Complete History: The user is provided with a separate link, namely IRCTC eWallet, that offers IRCTC eWallet transaction history, IRCTC eWallet payment history & change transaction password options.
- Easy Refund: In case of a ticket cancellation, the due refund will be credited to IRCTC eWallet account the very next day.
How To Book Rail Tickets through IRCTC eWallet:
1. Login to IRCTC with existing IRCTC user ID and password or Register for new account.
2. Click the “IRCTC eWallet Registration” link under the IRCTC eWallet Section on the “Plan my travel” page.
3. Complete the verification process by providing PAN or Aadhaar and other details.
4. Deposit one time registration fee of Rs 50 (inclusive of service tax) online with any of the available payment options.
5. Membership fee and redemption is subject to change at the discretion of IRCTC.
6. Prepaid the IRCTC eWallet account with the minimum deposit of Rs 100. Top up can be made for any amount later. The maximum amount permitted in the user’s account is Rs 10,000.
7. When you are booking a train ticket, select IRCTC eWallet option which will be displayed along with other banks and make a payment.
This is to remember that :
The IRCTC eWallet balance can only be used for booking railway tickets. No other purposes like online shopping, Cab booking etc can be done through this.
Registration Fee: Rs 50 (non-refundable)
Transaction Charge: Rs 5 per transaction
No cash refunds / No redemption allowed
Read Guidelines from IRCTC here