Indian Railways has revived the old rule of transfer of booked ticket to someone else. The guidelines, which were formulated in 1990 and amended in 1997 and 2002, allow a person to transfer the confirmed ticket to another family member be it the father, mother, sibling, children or spouse.
Read – How To Use Indian Railways Helpline Numbers ?
For transfer of ticket, an application must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train. As per rules, tickets can also be transferred to another government servant travelling on duty. In case of students, marriage party and NCC cadets, such request for change in excess of 10 per cent of the total strength of group shall not be granted.
Train tickets can also be transferred to other members of the marriage party, if the head of such a party makes a request at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
Check out the ways , How To Transfer the COnfirmed Booked Tickets ?
- Indian Railways has confirmed that the “Chief Reservation Supervisor of important stations are authorised by Railway Administration to permit the change of name of a passenger having a seat or berth reserved in his name.
- If the passenger is a government servant, proceeding on duty, he/she can make written request 24 hours before the scheduled departure of trains. The name on the ticket will be changed to another person’s name for whom the ticket transfer is sought.
- A passenger can also transfer his confirmed ticket to another member of his family, meaning, father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband and wife. He/she just needs to make a request in writing 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
- Students may avail the facility of transfer of booked tickets after providing the written request from the head of the institution in written before 48 hours of the scheduled departure. The reservation made in the name of any student can be transferred to any other student of the same institute.
- If the passengers are members of a marriage party, then any person deemed to be head of the group can make a written request 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. The reservation made in the name of any member of the marriage party can be transferred to any other person, in this way.
- The facility can also be availed by a group of cadets of National Cadet Corps who have confirmed reservation ticket/tickets but need to transfer it/them to any other cadet. Any officer, who is head of such a group, can make a written request 24 hours before the train’s departure. Such request for change in excess of 10 per cent of the total strength of group shall not be granted.