Linking of Aadhaar Number with Mutual funds folios are made mandatory post 31st March 2018. Almost all the financial transaction are being linked with Aadhaar like PAN, Bank’s account, LIC or Insurance policies, Credit Cards etc. An amendment in the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) Rules, 2017 mandates the linking of Aadhaar to mutual fund accounts.
All the mutual funds companies started asking their customer to provide the Aadhaar number. CAMS has even rolling out the online platform to collect the Aadhaar and authicating with the customer folios. Check out the process to link Aadhaar Number with Mutual Funds folios. The below mention steps will be helpful in Aadhaar linking to all the Mutual funds folios of different companies registered with CAMS online like HDFC Mutual Funds, DSP Blackrock Mutual Funds, Birla Sunlife Mutual Funds, SBI Mutual Funds, IDFC Mutual Funds etc.
Here’s how to link your Aadhaar to your Mutual Fund account:
1. Visit Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) website where you need to click on ‘Investor Services’ on the top bar and then click on ‘Link your Aadhaar’ or Click on the direct link https://adl.camsonline.com/InvestorServices/COL_AadhaarMain.aspx
2. Choose the appropiate option. You may even track the status of your existing linking with MF folios. Enter your PAN number.
3. After entering PAN details, enter submit and new page will be appeared.
4. Provide all the details as sought in the form like Aadhaar Number, Name, DOB, Gender, and Mobile Number.
5. An OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number.
6. Post successful validation of OTP, a successful message appears stating “You Aadhaar number will be linked to respective folios”. The list of all the Mutual funds companies.
That’s all. It’s easy.