OTP Based Refund on cacellation of Railways Tickets – IRCTC has introduced a one-time password (OTP) facility for the refund of cancelled tickets.
The introduction of OTP based cancellation will give the information on exact refund amount received by the agent on a cancelled ticket or fully waitlisted dropped ticket. IRCTC will be implementing this new system.
They call it ‘customer-friendly refund system”. This is aimed at bringing in transparency, said IRCTC. The objective of the scheme is to streamline the cancellation refund process further so that the amount is refunded in a timely manner to the customer by the agents.
How To enable the OTP Based Refund ?
1. The OTP will be sent as an SMS on the registered mobile number of the passenger provided by him/her to the agent at the time of booking.
2. The customer will be required to share the OTP with the agent who booked the ticket, for getting the refund amount.
1) To ensure that customers are able to get their refund on time, they are advised to provide the correct mobile number of one of the passengers to the IRCTC-authorised agent at the time of booking a reserved rail e-ticket.
2) Customer must ensure the agent records his or her mobile number correctly at the time of booking reserved rail e-tickets.
3) Remember only IRCTC authorised agents are permitted to book reserved rail e-tickets for the customer.