Today when I try to login my wordpress blog to post a story I encounter a strange problem with my blog. I was unable to login. As soon as I try to open /wp-admin page of wordpress blog and try to login with login details it was showing the error “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page”.
I got surprised since I have had a lot of post on my blog. After lot googling It doesn’t help me much. Than I try some experiment with my PHPADMIN database and able to solve the problem.
I thought to help other such users who got this message while login to their wordpress blog “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page”.
Here is the easiest way to solve WordPress Error “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” Follow the step one by one.
1. Easiest Method : If you have DB manager plugin installed on your wordpress, there are changes that it got wordpress updation and you would be getting this problem. So you may remove this plugin through FTP and you will be able to Login your wordpress blog. You may install a fresh copy of DB manager plugin
2. Another way is through your cpanel and myPHP.
3. First take the backup of your database through myphp admin …..> export database
4. Go to your cpanel of your blog installation which would be like example.com/cpanel, login with details
5. Go To myPHPADMIN
6. Select the database of your wordpress blog which would be getting this error
7. After opening the particular database At the bottom of this you would be getting SELECT ALL Option….Click on this
8. Below this SELECT ALL tab there is another small window below this which shows the various options, Just select the repair option.
9. Check the status of the tabe Wp_postmeta…all other tabe structure show the status OK except this. It will be showing something like this meta is upgraded or changed to volume etc. ignore this
10. Check your wp-admin page and try to login…You would be able to login NOW.
Still If you face any problem, Just ask your problem here below.