Aadhaar linking with Syndicate Bank Accounts – Government of India has made Aadhaar mandatory for almost all the financial transaction including filing income tax returns (ITRs) to availing government schemes and benefits. Aadhaar is now made mandatory for opening bank account also. Linking Aadhaar with any of the services are known as Aadhaar seeding. While the deadline for Aadhaar holders is December 31, those who are yet to enroll may get a three-month extension.
Banks are enforcing the rule of mandatory Aadhaar for opening new accounts. There are exceptions to this, though. Small bank accounts (maximum deposit size limit of ₹50,000) are exempt from the directive.
Syndicate Bank is offering many options to link your bank account to your Aadhaar number. Syndicate Bank customer have the option to upload their Aadhaar details online, Internet Banking or through SMS in a particular format to a specific number provided by the bank. Syndicate Bank is also allowing customers to link their Aadhaar number to their bank account at an ATM.
This is to remember that – Any account opened after June 1 would have six months to be linked to Aadhaar, failing which, access to the account would be blocked. Now Aadhaar is going to be mandatory in recruitment process
Here are different easy ways through which Syndicate Bank customer can update their aadhaar number with their bank account without having to visit bank branch:
To link your Aadhaar to your Syndicate Bank account online, through Internet Banking :
- Login to the internet banking service of your bank.
- Find the “Update Aadhar Card Details” option under Customer Services
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and click on Submit.
- The last 2 digits of registered mobile number (non-editable) will be displayed to the customer.
- The bank will communicate the status of the linking to Customer’s registered mobile number.
To link your Aadhaar card to your Syndicate Bank account though SMS
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, then you can link your Aadhaar number to your bank account through SMS.
- Send a SMS to 09241442255 in the following format: ADR <Customer ID><CASA Account number><Aadhaar Number>
- If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, an SMS reply will be sent to you.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the seeding request.
- Many banks are yet to offer the option of linking Aadhaar to bank account through SMS, so do check through your bank’s customer helpline if this option is available.
To link Aadhaar number with Syndicate Bank account from an ATM
- Syndicate Bank offers an option for seeding Aadhaar from an ATM
- After swiping the ATM card and entering your PIN,Follow the steps : OTHERS Aadhar Update Enter Aadhar Number (after entering the Aadhar
Number) Confirm Re-Enter Aadhar Number A receipt is generated saying (Your Aadhar number updated successfully)