Earlier it was reported that P2P messaging platform Whatsapp had started working on the new UPI based payment interface with NPCI and member banks. Now rumored that, WhatsApp has started testing of UPI based payment interface with selected group of users within the member banks with NPCI. The new features of Whatsapp Payment are available for selected users on WhatsApp beta users on iOS and Android.
With the help of Whatsapp payment interface users in India can send and receive money in their bank’s account within India.This feature is said to be available on WhatsApp version 2.18.21 for iOS, and version 2.18.41 for Android. Currently there are more than 200 million whatsapp active users in India. Once the Whatsapp payment interface launched in India, it will give a serious competition to Bank’s, NPCI’s BHIM and other UPI based payment applications.
Integration of Whatsapp Payment Features in application
- The option for UPI payments shows up in the attachments segment next to Documents, Gallery, Audio, Location, Contact, etc.
- After selecting the Payment option , a new screen will be opened within app showing list of all the supported banks for debit of amount
- Users need to choose any of the option for making payment like Account number and IFSC or Mobile Number or VPA as like existing BHIM payment or any other bank’s UPI payment interface.
- No need to say , users have to authorize the payment with existing PIN.
- Both the users must be having the Whatsapp Payment application feature enabled.