If you want to take the Engineering Degree from premium Engineering College of India i.e. Indian Institute of Technology, IIT’s and wanted to work for some of the best companies in the world then it’s going to be tougher for you from next year.
Union Government of India HRD ministry and IIT council (A supreme decision-making body who take care of Institute functioning) has taken the decision in this regard.
If the consideration for Council will excepted by Finance Ministry, the Fees for IIT will be about Rs 8 Lacs a Year. This new scheme will be implemented by 2013. There is a rebate to students belonging to scheduled castes/tribes and other backward classes with parental income less than Rs.4.5 lakh per year.
In this regard council has clearly indicated that the fees installment will be deducted by the respected company where the student get the job and it will be the sole responsibility of the company to follow the rules.
The major decision which were taken in council meeting are
To introduce a single entrance test for all engineering colleges across India by 2013 .
- No JEE for IIT entry once the proposal rolls by 2013
- Single test proposal to be discussed with states
- The Test score will be decide on Class XII marks Aptitude test scores
- There is a proposal to hike the fees from Rs 50,000 to Rs 2 lakh a year in IITs
- Initially during the course period students need to pay Rs 50,000 annual fee, rest of the balance fee to be recovered once students get the job.
- All such student who didn’t opted for jobs or doing research, M. Tech programme or doing PhD and to even those who are recruited as faculty in IIT.
- This Fee hike proposal is waiting for Finance Ministry’s nod
There will a electronic database for all students to help manage the system called DMAT system, which will track the student movement about the jobs and deduction of Installment. IITs will enter into a tripartite agreement with the employing company and the graduate.