WhatsApp Pay UPI Tips – WhatsApp has finally received the approval to launch its UPI payments service in India and rolled out the payment service with limited users. The messaging app has initially offered the payment services to 20 million users. WhatsApp has over 400 million monthly active users in India.
WhatsApp has rolled out its Payments service after receiving approval from the National Payments Commission of India (NPCI) to operate its payments service using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI). Whatsapp Pay UPI platform will provide the in-app payment services to send and receive money using WhatsApp.
Whatsapp has announce the launch through their official Twitter account.
Register For WhatsApp Pay UPI Payment
Key Highlights :
To register for WhatsApp Payments, all you need is a WhatsApp account with an Indian number, a bank account and a debit card. This is to remember that the Whatsapp Chat must have the same mobile number which is registered with the bank account.
How to register for WhatsApp Pay To begin ?
1. Make sure you are on the latest version of WhatsApp.
2. Check the Play Store or the App Store for an update.
3. Open WhatsApp and click on the three dots menu at the top right corner.
4. Now, click on option ‘Payments’.
5. Then, click on ‘Add payment method’.
6. Now, select the bank that you have an account in.
7. WhatsApp will then verify your phone number and automatically show your bank account registered with this mobile number.
8. Choose your bank account then, click on ‘Done’.
9. You will now be able to see your UPI ID, your payment history and your linked bank accounts.
How to send money using WhatsApp ?
WhatsApp has allowed the UPI payments only to those contacts that have registered for WhatsApp Payments. If you try to send money to a contact that has not enabled the service, you get an option to notify the user to enable payments to receive money.
Also Read – Checkout Whatsapp Pay UPI Payment Features
The maximum limit for transactions through WhatsApp is currently allowed up to ₹5,000 in a single transaction.
1. Open the chat of the user whom you wish to send money.
2. Now, click on the attachment button near the chat box.
3. Now, click on Payments.
4. Enter the amount and you can also add a note for the payment.
5. Now, click on the send button.
6. Then, enter your UPI PIN to approve the payment.
7. Much similar to Google Pay, Phone Pe , Paytm or similar UPI apps.