How To Generate Virtual ID of Aadhaar Number – In few easy steps any of the holder of valid Aadhaar number can generate the Virtual ID following the below mention steps. The UIDAI has unveiled the beta version of the ‘Virtual ID‘ and inform that it will be compulsory for all agencies that undertake authentication to accept the Virtual ID from their users from June 1, 2018.
Key Highlights :
Individual may share the Virtual Id in lieu of Aadhaar number for availing any services. In the beta form, users can generate their Virtual ID and use it to update address in Aadhaar online for the time being. The generated Virtual ID’s will protect the Aadhaar number misuse and address the much concerned privacy theft.
The new feature will allow Aadhaar holders to quote their Virtual ID (VID) number without actually disclosing the 12-digit Aadhaar number for authentication or verification purposes. Currently the VID could be used in place of Aadhaar number for online address update in your Aadhaar.
Steps to Generate the Virtual ID’s (VID) ?
- Visit the link “https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/vidgeneration“
2. Enter your Aadhaar Number and Security code in the appropriate box and click on “Send OTP”
3. An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent on the registered mobile number linked with Aadhaar
4. Enter the OTP in the box mentioning “Enter OTP”
5. Choose the desired option i.e. “Generate VID”
6. Click on Submit
7. You will get the completion page
8. Instantly User will receive the 16 digits VID details as SMS on registered mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
10. That’s easy, isn’t it
You may comment or provide your feedback.
Disclaimer : This is for informative purpose. Admin will not be responsible for any data loss due to sharing of Aadhaar related information. No Aadhaar details should be shared in comment section.