NPCI BHIM Apps for android gets updated. New version 1.2 launch for android with few features mainly introduction of seven new languages—Odia, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Gujarati.
As per NPCI this new BHIM version offers enhanced security features and superior user experience which makes digital transactions much more safe and secure.
National Payments Corp. of India (NPCI) has informed that this new android version of Bharat Interface of Money , BHIM apps will be having following updates :
- Payment to Aadhaar number linked with the bank account has been introduced.
- An option ‘spam report’ has been activated to enable the users to block unwanted payment requests.
- Customers can now also transfer money to the Aadhaar number linked with beneficiaries’ bank account by choosing ‘Pay to Aadhaar Number’ option.
- This version is focused more on stability with enhance security and best of services.
- Seven Indian languages have been also been integrated with the app. The new languages to be integrated with the app are Bengali, Odiya, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu, besides English and Hindi.
Unified Payments Interface (UPI), a bank-to-bank fund transfer system backed by internet and smartphones, using phone numbers linked to banks.