Open eNPS Account Online – Pension Fund Regulatory Development Authority (PFRDA) has introduced the online portal for opening or contributing the amount under existing or new NPS (New Pension Account). Under this new initiative
- Any Existing subscribe of New Pension Scheme (NPS) may contribute in their account (PRAN) additionally or
- If any subscriber to open the new pension account under NPS module may do it online.
eNPS is the online portal (https://enps.nsdl.com) of NPS Trust wherein a subscriber can register and contribute under NPS online with the help of online portal eNPS. Under this the facilities a subscriber may availed are register under NPS, generate a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) and contribute to his/her account.
Income Tax Benefit Under NPS
Government subscribers covered under NPS can also use eNPS for making voluntary contributions in their Tier I account (over and above the regular contributions) towards their PRAN to avail tax benefits to an extent of Rs. 50,000/- under section 80CCD(1B) of Income Tax Act, 1961. Further, they can also contribute for their active Tier II account.
What are the Eligibility to Open the eNPS Account ?
To open an Individual Pension account online individual must have the following document mandatory with them :
✔ You must have a ‘Permanent Account Number’ (PAN) and a Bank account with any of the registered Point of Presence empanelled for KYC verification for subscriber registration through NPS
✔ Your KYC Verification in NPS will be done by your Bank selected by you during the registration process.
✔ You need to upload your scanned photograph and signature in *.jpeg/*.jpg format having file size between 4kb – 12kb.
✔ You will be routed to a payment gateway for making the payment towards your NPS account from Debit / Credit card or Internet Banking.
How To Open eNPS Account Online, Process ?
Follow the below mentioned process to open the eNPS account :
- Visit the eNPS Link : https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/
2. Click on ‘Registration’ if you are a prospective NPS investor. If you are an existing NPS subscriber, click on ‘Contribution’ option.
3. For Registration Enter your PAN details along with Bank Name through which you want amount to be deposited
4. For Contribution option enter your PRAN number along with amount to be deposited
5. Fill Out details related to yourself including Name,address,aadhar etc
6. You will have to choose the Pension fund manager and Investment option
7. Choose any of the Pension fund manager as per your choice and investment option as auto or manual. Auto mode will be best suited
8. An initial contribution is collected at the time of opening of new NPS account through your Debit / Credit card or Internet Banking. This contribution is a minimum of Rs 500 for Tier 1 and for Tier-II it is a minimum of Rs. 1000.
9. After successful payment the PRAN number or Permanent Retirement Account Number will be generated and welcome kit along with card will be sent to your registered address
10. The details submitted by the subscriber will be sent through CRA system to the selected Bank for KYC verification. After verification of KYC by the Bank, the PRAN will become active and operational.
After successful payment of initial contribution, a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) will be allotted to you. After online account opening process is completed,
➤ The PRAN Kit containing a PRAN Card, IPIN/TPIN, Subscriber Master Report, Scheme Information Booklet alongwith a Welcome Letter will be sent to your registered address.
➤ You need to take a printout of the form, paste your photograph (please do not sign across the photograph) & affix signature.
➤ You should sign on the block provided for signature.
➤ The photograph should not be stapled or clipped to the form.
➤ The form should be sent within 90 days from the date of allotment of PRAN to CRA at the following address or else the PRAN will be ‘frozen’ temporarily:
Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS)
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
1st Floor, Times Tower,
Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg,
Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013
All existing subscribers (registered through both online and offline mode) can contribute in Tier I & Tier II account using ‘eNPS’. To contribute online, you need to
✔ Have an active Tier I / Tier II account
✔ Authenticate your PRAN using the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
✔ Pay through your Debit / Credit card or use Internet Banking option.
For queries please contact : 022 – 4090 4242 or write to: eNPS@nsdl.co.in