Learn in easy steps how to link Aadhaar with SBI account without visiting the branch. Government of India has made it mandatory for all bank accounts to be linked with aadhaar by 31st December this year. Aadhaar is now becoming an important requirement for any type of financial and Banking transaction. Aadhaar is already mandatory for filing income tax returns (ITRs), Claiming Gas subsidy, Direct Benefit transfer of many government schemes. According to new rules released by the government in June, any account opened after June 1 would have six months to be linked to Aadhaar, failing which, access to the account would be blocked. Aadhaar is now made mandatory for recruitment process also.
Each of the banks in India has started the process of seeding the aadhaar number with bank account.India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has provided various and benefits, the government is slowly making submission of Aadhaar Card mandatory for a lot of procedures. Known as Aadhaar seeding, State Bank of India or SBI is offering many options to connect your bank account to your Aadhaar number. The various ways through which any of the customer of State Bank of India (SBI) can list their Aadhaar Number without visiting the branch :
Check out the different ways through which you can update your aadhaar number to your SBI bank account without having to visit your bank branch:
- SBI Account holder may upload their Aadhaar details online or through SMS in a particular format to a specific number provided by the bank.
- SBI is also allowing customers to link their Aadhaar number to their bank account at an ATM.
- Link Aadhaar under Online Mode using Internet Banking
Process For Seeding Aadhaar Under Online Mode through SBI Internet Banking
- Open Online SBI Internet Banking at onlinesbi.com
- After successful login, click on the profile link in the left menu and
- choose “Link Your Aadhaar Number”
4. Enter the Profile Password
5. Select the Transaction accounts, Provide Your Aadhaar Number and submit after confirmation
6. Enter OTP and authorize.
7. The bank will communicate the status of the linking to Customer’s registered mobile number.
Now you have successfully linked your aadhaar number with SBI Saving bank account.
To link your Aadhaar card to your SBI account though SMS
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, then you can link your Aadhaar number to your bank account through SMS.
- Send a SMS to 567676 in the following format: UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number.
- If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, an SMS reply will be sent to you.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the seeding request.
- Many banks are yet to offer the option of linking Aadhaar to bank account through SMS, so do check through your bank’s customer helpline if this option is available.
To link your Aadhaar card to your bank account from an ATM
- SBI offers an option for seeding Aadhaar from an ATM
- After swiping the ATM card and entering your PIN, Select the menu “Service – Registrations”
- In this menu, select Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry as per your need)
- You can now select the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number.
Government has extended for linking Aadhaar with PAN to August 31.