After Demonetization it is time to lure customer for cashless transaction, government planning body Niti Aayog has announced the reward up to Rs one crore to anybody either consumer or merchant for cashless transaction. Government called it as “Christmas gift to the nation,” a bonanza of cash rewards to promote digital transactions.
The schemes – called the “Lucky Grahak Yojana” for customers and the ‘Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana’ for merchants – begins on December 25, Christmas Day, and a total Rs. 340 crore will be given in prizes for both customers and merchants selected through lucky draws.
Beginning December 25, the NPCI will announce 15,000 winners of 1000 rupees for the next 100 days.
Highlights of Rs 1 crore Reward
The major highlight of this crorepati reward yojana are:
- There will be 15,000 winners who will get Rs. 1,000 each day for the next 100 days. There will also be 7,000 weekly awards each for consumers and merchants.
- The first draw will be held on December 25, and the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) will announce the winners name.
- On April 14, the birth anniversary of B R Ambedkar, a mega draw will be held.
- Consumers can win awards of Rs. 1 crore, Rs. 50 lakh and Rs. 25 lakh
- Merchants can win Rs.50 lakh, Rs. 25 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh.
Government has announced that the focus of Lucky Grahak and Digi-Dhan Yojana is on poor, middle class and small businesses so as to bring them into the digital payments revolution.
How to Win Rs one crore reward ?
In order to win the award, there are certain condition which are needed to be followed:
- This scheme is only eligible for Government companies only.
- Credit cards and e-wallets of private companies will not be eligible to participate in the scheme.
- Use government issued RuPay cards or through the Unified Payment Interface (UPI), Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) and Aadhar-Enabled Payment Systems : Learn : How To Install Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on Mobile ?
- Use your Rupay card for any online payment through e wallet or POS.
- Use any bank UPI or USSD or aadhar enabled payment system for any transaction.
- Winner will selected directly by NPCI through transaction ID