Know the process to Store Pension Payment Order (PPO) in DigiLocker – Now, no need to carry the PPO every time you visit the bank. Pension Payment Order (PPO) can be stored in ‘DigiLocker’ by the central government pensioners. It is necessary as it was noticed by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) that several pensioners, over a period of time, misplace the original copies of their PPO. This initiative will create a permanent record of their respective PPO in their DigiLocker and at the same time eliminate delays in reaching the PPO to new pensioners, as well as the necessity of handing over a physical copy.
“In the absence of their PPO, these pensioners have to face innumerable hardships at various stages of their retired life. For newly retiring officials, in view of the widespread COVID-19 pandemic, it was a dilemma to physically receive hard copies of the PPO,” said the statement issued by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
DoPPW has integrated the electronic Pension Payment Order (e-PPO), generated through the Public Finance Management System (PFMS) application of Controller General of Accounts, with DigiLocker, in order to enhance ease of living of central government civil pensioners.
DigiLocker is a digital document wallet for citizens that allows them to access important documents anytime and anywhere.
Steps To Store Pension Payment Order (PPO) in DigiLocker
- Link DigiLocker account with “Bhavishya” to get e-PPO
- Option can be chosen at the time of filling of retirement forms, as well as after submission of the forms.
- Retiree will sign into their Digi-locker account from Bhavishya and authorize Bhavishya to PUSH the e-PPO to DigiLocker.
- As soon as e-PPO is issued, it is automatically PUSHED into corresponding Digilocker account and the retiree is informed about the same through SMS and Email by Bhavishya.
- To view/download the e-PPO, retiree has to log into his DigiLocker account .